Acacia Gentrup, publicity manager and sports literature extraordinaire, shares seven facts about UNP's newest baseball books.
1. This is an autobiography about baseball’s first Jewish umpire.
2. Jerry Reuss was traded because of a mustache "thing."
3. Both Cobb and Lajoie were awarded a car. However, it is speculated that Chalmers Automobile Co. had a favorite player and one car ran better than the other (no spoiler alert here).
4. George Will’s new book, A Nice Little Place on the North Side: Wrigley Field at One Hundred cites Roberts Ehrgott and Mr. Wrigley's Ball Club throughout the book. Mentions can be found in the book (pp. 44, 47, 50, 52, 54) and in the text credits.
5. Branch Rickey came out of retirement to become the Continental League’s first president.
6. This book is ideal for a sports history or baseball history class.
7. This book was originally titled Fire and Ice to reference the duo's dynamic relationship.